THE THERAPEUTIC BENEFITS OF JUGGLING
* It's a fun and practical way to rehabilitate injury
* Builds hand-eye coordination
* Improves reaction time
* Improves spacial awareness
* Improves concentration
* Improves agility
* It is attainable at any age, for any size,
gender or athletic ability
* It coordinates Left and Right brain functions
* It's fun! and gets us back to play!
* It helps you feel happier
* Teaches a mind-set for growth
* Encourages sequencing of movement
* Challenges our beliefs about what is possible
* Helps you be more open to new possibilities
* It is participatory, non-competitive, and requires cooperation to play
* It helps break out of mental ruts
* Improves self esteem, giving a sense of accomplishment
* Gives the brain a "break"
* It's a great way to activate a "couch potato" or a "desk potato"
* Provides a great model for how to learn:
- by differentiating tasks, building skills in a stepwise approach, and practicing.
* Helps us learn that we can accomplish things with practice
* Develops an innate sense of grace and rhythm
* Like solving a puzzle, it unlocks the brain
* Builds confidence
* Alleviates stress
* Mastery offers its next goal. It sets intention, and inspiration for future learning
* It allows everyone to be a teacher
* It gives you skills for coping with blockages or setbacks
* It helps you see what happens in your thinking when you make a "mistake"
* It gives you a simple, immediate feedback to evaluate your "errors"
* It stimulates neural pathways through touch and movement
* And if you are not juggling... you can 'work out'! - what a great side-effect!